Sunday, April 23, 2006

uh, a "Memorable" last day of work...

I had written this in an email to my brother. He found it so ludicrous that I thought I would 'share' the shame.

How was my last day at the job, you ask?? heh. Well, this is a typical example of the *fine* treatment I received there. (ahem) On my last day the boss, very nicely took me out for lunch. Two other people from the orifice came too. All was going very nicely and was pleasant enough. WELL.

After lunch and hearing one office person in particular drone on and on about mushrooms and plants (OY!!) and me basically sitting there listening to this rather masturbatory solliloquy (sp?) for and hour and a half (you know the type: cant' get a friggin' word in edgewise..they hog the mike, etc.), my eyes were starting to roll back into my head.

Well, I thought things were suddenly picking up when a small package was then presented to me. I was happy and genuinely said "Thanks" to all. Inside it: (here is gets good!) inside that pretty package (gift bag recycled, but who cares)...are two "(co. name)" mugs. These mugs are free every time a (co. name)convention happens and the sales guys attend. I already have a "(co. name)" cloth bag and another "(co. name)" plastic letter opener (haha). The beauty part is that these babies were from a shelf IN THE OFFICE where I WORK and OFTENTIME actually DUST !!! In fact, when presented to me, there is still DUST IN THEM! lol!

How the F(lock of seagulls) do ya like that?! How f*%@ cheap and cheesy! The boss says "So, you'll never forget us". uh, don't worry I shant. (shudder~~ if I ever have to stare down into the face of that filthy mug for a morning coffee and have thoughts relating to (co. name) shoot me!! )"Go 'way!"

(Author's note: hours later before I was to leave, I discreetly replaced one mug back on the shelf. On that blessed shelf there was...(*deep breath here*) an actual DUST RING from it beign missing FROM THERE. How did they figure I would not notice that these "gifts" are free giveaways from the shelf in front of my glorious desk?? I, lady-like still kept one filthy mug for politeness. Don't let it be said I am not gracious. Gracious, yes. Stupid, nay.

Of course, when they had been presented to me I smiled and said thanks and had a nice time at lunch anyway. But, really after hearing the spouting off (er, 'talking') about gays being a 'nuisance to society', and how canadians are weak for not supporting Bush in the "war on terrorism" and assorted other bullshit...my eyes had glazed over enough that I happily felt that vacating that position is SO the right thing to do. Thank you Universe, for pointing me towards my stuff and my people again! **YAY***

Take care bro. Call me when you can. Love to the kitties and Steph (not nec. in THAT order). Kick in the pants to yeh!

No comments: