Thursday, April 20, 2006

inspired by song "Be Clever, Not Beautiful" (old blog 05-15-04)

What is it about being clever or having to 'prove' that you are clever indeed? Why are we so hungry to relay this to others again and again (author included)? I look at so many of these comments and rather than ponder or contemplate a new thought from a post..sip on it for a while, swish it around in the 'glass' if you will...people feel the need to attest their intelligence with a certain indignance and be heard. Be clever right away. See me? Read my notes! quick, quick I know more...

I'm not dissassociating myself from this behaviour. Nay, far from it. Every so often I catch myself quickly running to note something and be a smarty-pants to prove my cleverness. It comes down to ego. How bruised is yours that you would rather be right all the time, than be open and humbled and thank someone for showing something new? How right do we have to be..?

hmm.

No comments: