Sunday, April 23, 2006

This is me "Tempting the Fates" in Osoyoos...well, not really. It wasn't scary at all being lifted up there. It was exhilirating but more than that, it turned out to be kind of embarrassing....

The first time around, I couldn't LAND! The guy had told me 'tug' on the ropes (attached to the balloon) with one hand in order to steer and ultimately land. WELL.

First time around I 'tugged' like he had instructed, but it a useless attempt as I couldn't tug down hard enough to bring the balloon lower. Ha ha! The boat had to go around again and give me another attempt to land (this time I would tug on the rope with both arms!)

Cool thing is, I got a second go around for free and an extra ten minutes thanks to my feeble spaghetti arms. *Yay* (I strongly recommend using this tactic.


(the *red* at the bottom of pic is from Rod's embarrasment while waiting for me to land.)

No comments: